Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Altered Light Switch Plate

I was recently in a swap for altered switch plates and a key. My partner said she preferred that it be more decorative than functional and that it be gray with hints of yellow, so this is what I came up with.

I first covered the switch plate with tissue paper to give it texture.Then glued down gears that I cut with my cameo out of paper. Next, I painted it gray and took embossing powder over the gears and heated it. I added little hints of yellow by using embossing powder as well. I added an eye peeking out, with wings as the main focal point. Little metal gears were added where the screws normally would go. I cut out the word "curiosity" from a scrap piece of G45 Old Curiosity Shoppe paper.




 And here is an altered key I made. Found the key really challenging and decided keys are not my thing..
I added a button with a gear I made with a mold and the melting pot. Wrapped wire with beads around the key.

Pin It

No comments:

>