Sunday, June 23, 2013

Vintage Junk Journal


 Picture heavy post!! 

I made this vintage junk journal for a swap I was hosting. My partner asked for a journal using an old book. It isn't real "junky" but I loved how it came out. It was the first time I've made one using a book and found it a bit challenging. 

I removed all the pages from the book and made my own signatures. Never done this before and I am new at sewing. I hand sewed the signatures into the spine to make the book. I cut a square out on the cover to place a vintage image in. Used old ticket stubs for tabs. Tried out tea dying for the first time! I tea dyed some of the papers and lace! I used lots of tissue tape and I used decorative border punches on the edges of several papers.





























Pin It

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Phenomenal job with your journal!

Beverly Gray said...

Beautiful.

Teri said...

This is truly a work of art!! It must have taken you ages, but oh my goodness, it's so worth it!! I love it!!!
Teri

Teri said...

This is truly a work of art!! It must have taken you ages, but oh my goodness, it's so worth it!! I love it!!!
Teri

>