Friday, April 5, 2013

Altered Fork

I was recently in an altered silverware swap. I decided to go with a fork. I love assemblage art but have never done anything like that so that's where my idea kinda came from. I think it came out pretty cool.



I used the bottom of an Altoids tin and cut slits in it for the fork and wings to go through. The wings are made from an old cheese it box that I covered with metal tape and embossed and die cut with Tim Holtz wings die. I used lots of paint and different techniques on the tin and the fork. I just play around till I get a look I want. 

Not really any rhyme or reason to it. I wrapped wire around the fork. The heart, I die cut from cardboard and dipped it into my melting pot, then used a texture tread on it. On the back I put a picture frame hanger on it so she can hang it up. I love how it came out and kinda wish I had kept it. My partner loved it, so it's all good!

Pin It

No comments:

>