Tuesday, May 22, 2012

License plate sign

Here I made a sign for my swap partner Sharon. It too, was inspired from a video on youtube by RachO113
I used my Autumn Leaves Stampology license plate stamp. 

First, I blended some distress ink to achieve the look I wanted on some white cardstock, next I stamped the license plate on and then added embossing powder on top. I also used a Lindy's Stamp Gang starburst dauber to fill in where I felt that it needed a bit more color in random places. The letters were alcohol inked. I sprayed goosebumps on top to give it a bit of texture. I then glued the cardstock signs onto cardboard to make them more thicker and sturdier. I punched the holes with my crop-a-dile, added eyelets, ran chain through them and added some gears for the finished look!

I really enjoyed the process of this project :)

Pin It

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Altered Can

This started out as a regular green bean can, the kind with the pull tab lid. I altered it and turned it in to a rusty piece of art. It's purpose, you ask? To hold paint brushes! Perfect for just that! 

I was inspired by a tutorial by RachO113 on youtube. She used a rusting solution on hers but I didn't have access to that so I just used acrylic paint. I mixed some colors together till I got the look of "rust" that I liked! I painted the chain with the same color. I cut holes in the can using my crop a dile and attached the chain using brads.  The hearts were cut out of cardboard from an old sizzix die, then I painted them to match. The bottom of the can is started off as a plain piece of cardstock, then I painted and stamped on it to give it the look I desired. I used Mod Podge to adhere the paper onto the can. ART is chipboard letters that I painted black. 

 On the back side, I just added a few rusty things I found to give it a little something, maybe not needed but still fun. I was impressed how well my rusty paint job matched an actual old rusty key! 

This was such a fun project and I love how it came out!

Pin It

Friday, May 11, 2012

Junk Journal

This is my 2nd junk journal. I made it for a swap. I used one of those swatch books that you can get from a paper company (not a scrapbooking company) that shows all the different paper you can purchase from them. I took it all a part and altered it. I liked it because the paper staggers inside, and it already had tabs for dividers which also open up to another page. I thought it was kinda cool for a junk journal!

 I covered the covers with brown scrapbook paper. The three men are a Tim Holtz stamp that I stamped and cut out. I stamped on a piece of burlap, added a brown flower, and added some lace and a decorative stick pin, that says "Imagine" to the spine. Inside pages are done with lots of TH stamps, ink, glimmer mists, and Lindy's Stamp Gang mists. 

Here are several of the pages...

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my projects :)
Pin It

Monday, May 7, 2012

Altered Notebook

Here is an altered composition notebook for Heather, a new swap friend. I painted and crackled the covers, added lace and trims. A bit of bling too. I used sand on the bottom for the beach scene along with some sea shell brads and crab eyelets. A bottlecap on some canvas material. The inside pages are mostly stamped with different stamps that I had on hand. Inked the edges of the covers as well as the pages.

Pin It

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Junk Journal

This is the first junk journal I made awhile back. It was for a swap I was hosting on CMB. My partner Kelley asked for one she could use for keeping track of swaps and such. I used paper from DCWV Tattered Time collection for the covers. I filled it with lots of blank paper and graph paper. Stamped it with Tim Holtz stamps and distressed with distress inks. Grunged it up, cause that is what she likes! We both loved how it turned out!! 

Here is the cover and just some of the pages..

These are really fun to make! 
Pin It