Saturday, October 22, 2011

Winter Pin Cushion & stick pins

I made this pin cushion and the stick pins for a swap. My partner asked for a Winter theme in pastel colors. This was my first time making a pin cushion. 

I used some snow white, textured FolkArt paint by PLAID on the snowmen and around the bottom of the base to give a snowy affect. (Love this stuff!) The base of the pincushion was painted with PLAID FolkArts Extreme Glitter acrylic paint. (2790 Turquoise) It looks really glittery and pretty. The winter title with the snowmen were cut from my Cricut Expression as well as the snowflake. I added Martha Stewart glitter to the title and the snowflake to give a bit of shimmer.

Pin It

2 comments:

Judy said...

very pretty, love the cushion, and the stick pins are gorgeous.
Judy

The Archiving Angel said...

Love this! Beauty & function in one!
Those stick pins are like the icing on a cake.
Fantastic!!

>