These four ATC's were created for the Six Word Stories ATC swap over on atcsforall.com.
The first one I used a vintage image of a girl. I added paint all over the image and then added my six words and pen outlining.
The next one started out as a painted background, I then added a vintage image from some cards I bought at a antique shop and covered the mans head with a used postage stamp. Added washi tape to the top and bottom and my six words.
The bottom left corner, I collaged a background using different papers and string. Added the image of a statue and some washi tape at the bottom, along with my six chosen words.
The last one is again a collaged background with an image of a woman, holding a heart which was a temporary tattoo. Added my six words to finish.
We cut the vinyl with the Silhouette Cameo machine and used spray frost to give it a frosted look. This one has just 1 light inside, it has a switch on the cord to turn it on/off. Tied a gold bow around the block to complete it.
Today, I'm sharing another button fairy I created. This time Halloween themed! The image is Land of Nods creepy girl. I added the witch hat and bat wings from kits from Mischief Circus. From my stash, I used a black flower, black and orange buttons and beads. I added some black and orange stickles as well.
I created this mixed media spool doll for a swap. The only requirement was that we must use a wooden spool somewhere in our creation.
I started off with the required wooden spool for my body. I put two holes in it so I could attach wire. For my legs I went to the tool shed and found some old rusty nails and another piece for my neck. I wrapped yarn around the spool and added a cupcake liner that I had painted, stamped and mod podged to make the dress. I added a strand of small beads at the top of the yarn. I used a mold and clay to create my face. I painted it to give it a more fleshy color. Added some twine for hair and that is my first Art Doll!
The polka dot background is from a notecard I cut up. I layered a piece of lace and ric-rak with staples on top of book page with mesh material. I stamped the lady and the work striking on paper. Added glitter glue and a sequin star.
I created these artist trading cards for a swap on AFA. We were to find our words on a book page background and then draw a picture to go with it. This technique has actually always been one of my favorites to create. It's so fun.