Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Dress Form

I've been trying to clean up my computer and get pictures off and where they need to be. There are projects that I've made in the past and haven't made it here to my blog for whatever reason. I'm going to start posting these old projects along with some new. Starting with this dress form I created way back when with a glass candle holder for the base. I used a wonderful tutorial by the talented Itza Gomez.

Here is the finished dress form. The dress and scarf I made from scrap orange material. Underneath is orange lace and black tulle. 


This is LOTS of hand cut carboard wrapped with masking tape and some added paper mache.
I added a bit of tissue paper that I stamped on. Later I inked it up to give it color.



The wings I cut (metal tape on cardstock) with Tim Holtz die and dry embossed. Painted & distressed.



The glass candle holder I used for my base.




Here it is painted & distressed.




I painted a dresser pull knob to match the base.




This came out to be a nice size.
It measures around 15.5 inches tall & about 12.5 inches wide with the wings.





Pin It

No comments:

>