Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Altered Paint Brush

Steampunk Altered Paint Brush

 This was made for a swap I was in for April. I like how it came out, and hope it inspires you to alter a paint brush as well!

  I used metal tape. I embossed it using Tim Holtz embossing folder and then cut the tape into pieces. I stuck the tape on my gessoed paint brush. Added some black paint and rubbed off. Added gold alcohol ink, to give it the gold look. The man is part of a Tim Holtz stamp that I cut apart after stamping onto cardstock. His wings are from grungeboard die cuts that had been painted with the same paint I painted the bristles of the brush. It's a metallic glaze called Dazzling Metallics in Medieval Gold made by DecoArt. I printed out the quote on cardstock and added inking and gold rub n buff around the edges. Decorated the brush using gears.





Pin It

No comments:

>