Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Art Tile


For Limor's September Mixed media challenge I decided to make an art tile out of an old bingo game piece.  I used a piece of an old book page and gesso along with some paints. Also, some Tim Holtz background stamps, birds from a Tim Holtz stamp and a "Dream" word stamp. Added stickles and glossy accents.

 This shows the back side of the game piece. 
And then my finished piece of art on the front

THEME: "GIVING BACK"
Challenge Guidelines:
  1. Create a project of your choice -Canvas, Art Journal, Tag, Card, Altered item etc. I altered a game piece
  2. Project must include at least 1 Recyled household item ( Example: Toilet paper roll, soda can, bottle cap, cereal box etc) I used a bingo game piece
  3. Include at least 1 stamp in your project ( Of course we would love to see you use Unity Stamps but not required) I used 3 different stamps, I do not have any Unity Stamps yet.
  4. Theme: this project must be for someone in your life that could use their spirits lifted or someone you just knew this would make a difference with if they received somthing from you.  It could also be someone you know that has been active in your community and making a difference, you decide. This will be for my sister!
  5. Have a blast!!!!!
Pin It

1 comment:

Gina Lideros said...

Hi Tanya,

You were chosen to win a set of 12 WOW embossing powders from our
World Card Making day blog post. Thanks so much for stopping by
and leaving a comment.

Please email me your your address (the way it should appear on your package)
and we will get your prize in the mail to you!

Congrats!

Gina Lideros
WOW! Design team lead
email: myfrogprince@comcast.net

>