Friday, November 4, 2011

Altered "J"

This is my very first altered letter!! These are so fun to do! This one I made for One Scrappin' Sista's Monthly Swap. My partner was Jennifer. I bought my letter in the wood department at Hobby Lobby. I first painted the "J" then I used Mod Podge and added my decorative paper from Colorbok, cut around the letter with my Westcott brand x-acto knife, next I added more Mod Podge on top of the paper to seal it really good. I dabbed it with a foam paint brush so there would be no lines. I added some bling from Creative Charms, some lace, a handmade flower from a swap, some tulle and a white feather. At the top at added some faux pearls on a string. 

I like how this turned out and can't wait to make another!!
Pin It

3 comments:

Maria Matter said...

very pretty!
my daughter would love this, will have to give it a try! thanks for the inspiration!
hugs

Jessie G. said...

I love it!

You could always make me one :)

Unknown said...

Hi Tanya! Thanks for dropping by my blog! :) Its great to me another scrappy friend! Awesome job on the altered alpha!

>