Thursday, April 21, 2011

Stashbusting Project 3

Still using items out of the stashbusting box that Heather at DollarStoreCrafts sent me!

Stashbusting Project 3: Flower Pot

Flower pot and sweater sleeve are from the stashbusting box. Paint is from my stash!
When I was getting ready to go to sleep, this idea came to me. Then the next day I seen something similar already on DollarStoreCrafts blog. Someone done it with a vase. Oh well, I figured I would go ahead and do it anyways.

I first painted the rim of the flower pot pink.
 

Next I just took the sweater sleeve and folded it. I didn't even have to cut it. It was sized perfectly for the pot! I slid the sleeve on and now it looks really pretty!  You could change it later using another sweater sleeve if you wanted a new look!

Next I pulled out these Fuzzy Stix from the stashbusting box. They are made by Creative Hands Crafts.

With the Fuzzy Stix I made flowers for the flower pot. You could use a real flower but I didn't have any on hand and this whole experiment is to use what we already have. Plus the fuzzy stix are so fun to use and part of the stashbusting project!  :)

Pin It

1 comment:

Judy said...

Your ideas just make me smile, this is so cute.
Have a wonderful day.
Judy

>